Billing Solution Architect
Original Shift delivers world-class Salesforce CPQ & Billing solutions that are designed and developed to exceed client expectations. Our customers depend on us to deliver the expert guidance they need, and not just what they want to hear. Original Shift professionals can identify and apply the optimal combination of features and best practices to produce high-quality solution outcomes that are capable of achieving real tangible business value and unparalleled customer success.
As a Billing Solution Architect, you are a Quote to Cash industry specialist of the highest order, with the ability to elegantly solve complex back-office billing challenges for Original Shift clients. You are a highly-skilled technology professional capable of working at the enterprise level, and you are adept at crafting solutions that employ best practices for systems integration (API & IPaaS Solutions) across the Salesforce ecosystem and with other market-leading platforms. You have a sound understanding of SaaS-based transaction methods and are comfortable with the latest security practices and technologies for data encryption and protection. In addition to deep technical knowledge, you also possess a strong understanding of billing processes and operations as they apply to mediation and usage rating, order orchestration, activation, revenue recognition, invoice generation, taxation, payment processing, and general ledger (GL) processing and management.
This acumen of unique skills allows you to effectively partner and advise IT, Operations, and Finance sponsors and stakeholders involved with integrated Quote to Cash engagements (CRM, CPQ, CLM, & Billing). It also enables you to serve as a leading architect and principal member of Original Shift, where you will lead consultants and developers through transformational initiatives focused on delivering real and tangible business value. You are also a technology thought leader who is passionate about developing, and mentoring Original Shift practitioners regarding the optimal approaches, practices, and standards involved with highly integrated CPQ and Billing solutions.
If you’re passionate about Solution Architecture within the Quote to Cash space, enjoy crafting integrated billing solutions to and across the Salesforce ecosystem, and embrace the opportunity to implement integrated billing solutions across a national client base, we would really like to speak with you.
Responsibilities may include
- Serve as a role model, thought leader, and industry-leading practitioner for integrated CPQ and Billing Solutions & Services – constantly driving for professional growth and evolution
- Provide sales support and assist in scoping and shaping technical solutions as they pertain to Original Shift integrated CPQ & Billing proposals and SOWs
- Work as a Solution Architect and core project team member to provide vision and guidance to Original Shift and customer technical teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Lead the technology track of billing-centric Quote to Cash transformational projects including the planning and facilitation of discovery sessions, crafting enterprise solution design, conducting build orchestration, and steering teams through quality assurance planning and remediation.
- Provide hands-on direction and support to Original Shift consultants and developers chartered to construct the integrated CPQ and Billing solution being developed and delivered to the customer
- Work in conjunction with the Original Shift Center of Excellence throughout an engagement to ensure methods and standards are employed to drive high-quality solution design and delivery
- Regularly advise customer executive sponsors and stakeholders regarding the design, development, and operation of the integrated CPQ and Billing solution as it pertains to critical business and technical objectives.
- Proactively identify, assess, and help project and delivery managers (and the OS team) to mitigate technical risks during presales and delivery execution
- Foster and grow prosperous customer relationships with technical advocates and key decision-makers throughout an engagement to help facilitate follow-on business opportunity, references, and testimonials, as well as high ranking CSAT scores and client success stories
- Cultivate leading standards and practices for Integrated Billing Solutions for Original Shift, including engagement approaches, methodologies, job aids, and engagement toolkits
- Embrace, live, and regularly demonstrate the practice of Original Shift values (Be Original, Be a Champion, Be Genuine, and Be a Tinkerer)
- Provide support for interviewing, hiring, onboarding and technical resources to engage with Original Shift clients and teams
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university / or relevant industry experience
- Comfortable leading and collaborating across multiple implementations simultaneously
- Strong leadership, communication, and political acumen, with a demonstrated professional track record of managing technical teams through ambiguous client environments and challenging transformational programs
- At least 5+ years of experience working as a technology leader and/or solution architect for a successful consulting and/or professional services company, with 5+ years at the enterprise level
- At least 5+ years of experience leading successful integrated SaaS-based CPQ & Billing implementations
- At least 5+ years experience with the Quote to Cash process (CPQ, CLM, Billing)
- 5+ year history working as a technologist within the Salesforce ecosystem and/or other market-leading SaaS-based billing systems such as NetSuite, Zuora, GoTransverse, Zone Billing, Intacct, FinancialForce, Aria, BillingPlatform, SAP, and Oracle
- 3+ years of experience with industry-leading IPaaS solutions such as Mulesoft or Dell Boomi
- 5+ years of experience implementing SaaS-based technology solutions that involve the Salesforce Apex development language, the Force.com API, and RESTful API’s
- 5+ years of experience with common billing processes and operations practices such as product and pricing models, subscriptions, usage, invoicing, bill cycles and processing, payments, customer disputes, and adjustments, AR, taxation, collections, and revenue recognition including customer transitions from ASC605 to ASC606
- 3-5 years of exposure and experience regarding payment processing standards and technologies, such as PCI compliance, tokenization, and ACH
- Demonstrated business acumen, with a good command of P&L concepts and a basic understanding of financial management and accounting practices
- Willingness to travel
- Graduate degree in business, finance, technology management, engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience working as a technology leader and/or solution architect for a successful consulting and/or professional services company, with 5+ years at the enterprise level
- 7+ year history working as a technologist within the Salesforce ecosystem and/or other market-leading SaaS-based Billing Platforms such as NetSuite, Zuora, GoTransverse, Aria, SAP, and Oracle
- Salesforce Billing & Advanced Billing Specialist Superbadges
No recruiters or agencies please. The role responsibilities in this post describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not, however, intended to be a complete list of assigned duties but to describe a position level.