Original Shift delivers great service and exceeds customer expectations implementing Salesforce CPQ & Billing. Our customers depend on us to deliver the guidance they need, not just what they want to hear. Original Shift experts can identify the optimal combination of features and best practices to produce high-quality build work. Providing the right solutions to solve difficult business problems is at the heart of our company’s drive to achieve unparalleled customer success.
As an Engagement Manager, you orchestrate success for Original Shift customers by building relationships, leveraging data to inform strategy and decisions, delivering sound advice, and driving teams to achieve business results. In this critical role, you’ll drive the adoption, retention, expansion, and overall business vitality of our customers while working with internal teams and stakeholders. Employing a broad range of past experiences, you function in a dual role focused on both account development and account management. Partnering and supporting the project team in its daily operations enables you to build a trusted relationship with our customers and ensure the successful delivery of Salesforce CPQ & Billing projects. You will build on that insight gained to help customers develop business strategies, provide advice on technology solutions, and assist in building roadmaps that include Original Shift services to realize their Quote to Cash vision. As an Engagement Manager, you also ensure our customers are getting the most value out of our solutions and services.
While you develop our key customers, you are working with internal teams to improve processes, tools, and material assets to make customer interactions more efficient and effective as the business grows. You gather feedback from customers about our strengths, challenges, and opportunities, and champion that feedback to internal teams and leaders. Through your experience and industrial wisdom, you continually work towards finding repeatable and scalable ways to ensure we continually deliver to the highest benchmarks of service efficacy and quality. Customers respect and trust you for your ability to simply communicate complex ideas, ask thoughtful questions, listen to various perspectives, and prescribe the most ideal course of action. Project teams view you as a valuable resource who can dig into low-level technical details without losing sight of the broader vision and strategy, while also being an energetic and successful people manager capable of getting the hardest “stuff” done. Leadership appreciates your ability to grow recurring customer relationships that foster long-term revenue streams.
If you’re passionate about Engagement Management within the Quote to Cash space, enjoy cultivating and monetizing long-lasting customer and partner relationships, as well as leading strategic CPQ and Billing initiatives across the Salesforce ecosystem, we would really like to speak with you.
Responsibilities may include
- Own and monitor a select portfolio of Salesforce CPQ & Billing projects that delivers success measured by customer solution satisfaction and engagement profitability
- Cultivate relationships with key customers sponsors and decision-makers who have budget authority to monetize opportunities
- Oversee the kick-off and successful implementation for selected new accounts
- Develop and manage customer relationships from the “C” suite to the front-line, including planning and executing operational and quarterly business reviews
- Represent Original Shift services during Account planning sessions and formulate services and sales strategies
- Identify and drive business development opportunities for new and/or additional work across a specified account base
- Establish and develop strong working partnerships with Salesforce Account Executives aligned to the select customer base
- Provide vision, guidance, and insights to Original Shift and customer delivery teams throughout the delivery lifecycle
- Prepare customer-facing and internal collateral such as solution presentations, program roadmaps, project plans, burndown, and status reports
- Regularly advise, communicate, and coordinate with customer sponsors and stakeholders over the course of an engagement, which includes managing escalations, facilitating on-site customer meetings where needed, and articulating issues and resolution options clearly and succinctly
- Strategically identify ways we can make customer success repeatable and solve issues for future customers
- Take proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations
- Motivate, inspire and mentor project team members to excel
- Collaborate with other internal teams like Sales and Presales to work on services offerings and proposals
- Embrace, live, and regularly demonstrate the practice of Original Shift values
- Serve as a role model in best practice sharing, proactive actions, transparent communication, and creative problem solving
- Provide support for interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and preparing project managers to engage with Original Shift clients and teams
- Drive and support Original Shift gravitas through publishing, presenting, blogging, and social media communication
- High-level strategic thinker, with a distinguished track record of aligning business vision to strategic objectives to accomplish critical results
- Embodies a superior level of customer-facing interpersonal skills, including business presence, verbal and non-verbal communication, and political dexterity
- Outstanding oral and written communicator, with a proven ability to fluently connect with all audiences with a mastery of tone and articulation
- Storied ability to successfully lead challenging transformational programs that drive real and significant business value to customers and partners
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Demonstrated ability to step into and resolve customer escalations, work through ambiguity, and own executive messaging
- A proven leader with experience coaching and developing delivery professionals
- Formally trained in leading delivery management disciplines, practices, and tools, and is familiar with common industry standards and methodologies from PMI, Prince2, Scrum Alliance, etc.
- Loves to work in a fast-growing and dynamic environment and is able to keep pace with constant change.
- At least 3+ years of experience leading successful SaaS implementations
- At least 5+ years of experience working as a delivery manager of successful and profitable implementation teams, with 3 years being at the program or portfolio level
- A 5+ year history of client engagement, account management, and highly referenceable customer partnerships
- At least 3+ years experience with the Quote to Cash process (CPQ, CLM, Billing)
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university / or relevant industry experience
- Ability (and willingness) to travel up to 50% of the time to client engagements
- 5+ years experience leading successful SaaS CPQ and/or Billing implementations
- 10+ years of experience working as a delivery manager of successful and profitable implementation teams, with 5 years being at the program or portfolio level
- 2+ years experience selling professional services in an account management capacity
- PMP, PgMP, or PfMP certification through PMI; Certified Scrum Master through Scrum Alliance
- Graduate degree in business, finance, technology management, engineering or related field
No recruiters or agencies please. The role responsibilities in this post describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not, however, intended to be a complete list of assigned duties but to describe a position level.